I was gobsmacked and astonished to find out I had been nominated for this award by my new friend The Eclectic Contrarian.
He has been an almost constant source of encouragement since the beginning of our friendship and I cant thank him enough for this. I highly recommend his blog and congratulate him on his own nomination.
The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
Here are the rules: (which I also will not follow 100%)
-Put the award logo/image on your blog
-List the rules
-Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
-Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
-Answer the 5 questions you were asked
-Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
-You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
-Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
-Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
-Share a link to your best post(s)
I have been asked these questions…
1. What is something that almost instantly inspires you to write?
Anger; or strong feelings of any type really. I struggle to find words on a daily basis and so a little fire in the emotions helps the words flow better.
2. What gives you hope?
My children give me hope. Without them I am nothing and having them to take care of gives me the courage I need to fight my various conditions. This gives me hope for a better future, for them and myself.
3. What kind of heart would you say you have?
I would say I have a compassionate heart. I care deeply about those I love and I am a keen charity worker when my health is good; I managed a shop for a local charity for four years before becoming too ill to work. I struggle to see people suffer and am always handing out spare change and food to the local rough sleepers and taking in stray and injured animals. Its a blessing and a curse.
4. What would you say about the sun and the moon?
It would depend what head I had on really. Im a massive Trekky so something sciency or space related would spring to mind first. I am quite intrigued by the effects the sun and moon have on animal behaviors tho.
5. What about a cup of coffee could inspire you to write?
The company; as written about in this post… Sitting in my Jammies in a London cafe.
Three things about me…
- I started to go grey at fifteen, just before having my first child. I have been dying my hair to hide this for the last twenty three years and now my hair doesn’t grow properly because it is so damaged. I am currently trying to grow it to shoulder length but am struggling to gain any length in the back; it just breaks off.
- I currently take a size 14 (UK) in clothing after a monumental effort to loose weight when I topped the scales at 21 stone (294lb/133kg) just 5 years ago. The wight loss didn’t come without its complications however and as a result of rapid loss I caused my gallbladder to clog completely and so I had to have that removed a year last April. I later discovered that it is a common side effect of rapid and large scale weight loss as the gallbladder becomes overloaded with cholesterol deposits and blocks… no one warned me!
- I am a chronic pain sufferer and have recently discovered non prescription pain relief to be as equally beneficial as the prescription stuff. I have taken up meditation and yoga in a small way and am currently looking into the healing benefits of massage and aromatherapy. I hope to be able to come off some of the higher strength pain relief I am taking and replace it with alternative therapies.
Questions for my nominees…
- Who are you and where are you from?
- What is your biggest inspiration?
- What is the biggest challenge you face in a day?
- What is your passion?
- What would you do if you had one day to spend a million pounds but could only do fun things with the money?
These are just some of my favorite blogs. Be sure to check them all out, each one inspires me in its own unique way and they certainly deserve recognition. In no particular order…